Layering: Zoom on the Asian Beauty Technique!
Have you ever noticed that Asian women prefer skincare to makeup? Maybe that’s why k-beauty is so popular today… So imagine bouncy, radiant, clear skin plumped up with moisture. Do you want to have that kind of glowing skin after a five-star intensive facial? Now you can have it at home for much less! Find out how in the following paragraphs. We reveal the secrets of the Asian beauty technique!
What is the Asian beauty technique?
Before we begin, we must warn you – beauty needs time. That is, time that you have to invest every day. It’s not some magical story about a fairy that comes to visit you in the night and wakes you up 10 years younger. So if you want healthy, well-moisturized skin, you’ll need to get up a few minutes earlier to apply the principles of layering. Here’s how to do it:
Morning beauty routine
1. Start by cleaning your face. Why? Your skin accumulates oils even overnight. Removing them properly is crucial to your morning routine if you want to avoid clogged pores and blackheads. So don’t just splash water on your face. Use a foam cleanser or other lightweight product (save the micellar water for your evening routine).
2. Use a facial toner to replenish some of the moisture lost during the cleansing process. This will bring the skin back to its natural pH level and prepare it for the next steps in the layering process.
3. The next step in the Asian beauty technique is to apply a serum that suits your skin type.
4. We continue with the most hydrating step. For this, you will need an emulsion. This is a light moisturizer, which is applied before your second moisturizer (yes, two!).
5. Finally, apply a cream according to your skin type, but always with SPF protection! You can also try a BB or CC cream. What a face moisturizer bomb, right? Go through these 5 steps and then you can proceed with makeup.
Nightly beauty routine
Now it’s time to learn about Asian nighttime habits. Here are the steps to follow before you go to bed:
1. Now clean your face! But this time, twice! Yes, cleaning it with two different products is a sure way to get all the dirt off your face. Start with an oil-based cleanser or micellar water. Micellar water is very effective but dehydrating. So use it only once a day. Afterward, wash your face with a cleansing foam.
2. Then repeat steps 2 and 3 of the morning routine.
3. To moisturize your face before bed, use the emulsion again followed by a moisturizing night mask or a suitable cream. Both serve to give your skin extra moisture while you sleep.
Asian beauty techniques: Some more beauty tips
Just like the 7 skin method, layering involves applying multiple layers of products that strengthen the health of your skin. But if you think the previous steps are already enough, we have to tell you that there is one more thing you can do (or two). The good news is that this is only done once or twice a week.
- So apply a sheet mask before your night cream. These beauty products are soaked in essence or other treatment serums that brighten your skin and fill it with nutrients and vitamins. Leave it on your face for up to 20 minutes while you scare your sweetie or dog.
- Scrubs and exfoliants are another important step in your Asian beauty routine (and not only). Their purpose is to help you remove dead skin and different impurities.
- Dry your face by gently patting your towel on your body
- Use a face mask, adapted to your skin type, once a week.
- Sculpt your facial features by encouraging drainage with a jade roller
- If necessary, refresh your facial skin during the day with a few sprays of thermal water
- Skin hydration starts from the inside!
Also Read: What is Japanese Water Therapy and How Does it Promote Weight Loss?