Are you tired of buying ready-made pancakes? Do you want to eat healthy pancakes, without artificial sugars and other preservatives? Do you want to reduce your amount of waste?
I propose you today a recipe based on 2 gluten-free flours and vegetable milk.
Say goodbye to eggs and hello to bananas. To sweeten the pancakes, I do not use white sugar or other refined sugars, but natural sugar such as agave syrup.
The pancake recipe is easy and quick to make. If you are an early riser, you will have something for a morning of work or good breakfast in bed on the weekend!
Ingredients and time to make the pancakes
- Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Cooking time: 10 minutes.
For 15 pancakes, you need :
- 130 g quinoa flour ;
- 130 g of rice flour;
- 300 ml of vegetable milk (here rice milk);
- 1 sachet of yeast;
- 1 mashed banana (can also be made with applesauce);
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of agave syrup, depending on your taste.
About the side dishes:
Since pancakes are already hearty, I like to eat them with fruit to bring a fresh, slightly healthy side… Here, I chose to use strawberries.
Add maple syrup, chopped hazelnuts, and grated chocolate and you’re done!
Making the pancakes
- Mash the banana in a bowl and add the vegetable milk. Mix with a whisk.
- In another bowl, mix the two flours.
- Gradually add the flours to the bowl with the milk and banana.
- Beat vigorously with your whisk.
- Heat a pan with a little oil.
- Once hot, place a little bit of the dough in the center of the pan to form circles.
- Pancake batter is thicker than pancake batter.
- If you don’t have a small pan, don’t worry, a large one will do. The dough is thick, so it is easy to form circles. It does not run.
- If you heat your pancakes on the biggest fire, don’t put it on the hottest one at the risk of getting blackened pancakes.
What do you think about it? Share with us your impressions and suggestions!
And for those of you with a sweet tooth, find other recipes in this section.