If you have damaged, brittle, split, or yellowed nails, you are probably used to hiding them under a few layers of nail polish. But, that doesn’t solve the problem. In this case, you need detoxification and a procedure that will nourish and harden them. So if you want to have long, shiny, and elastic nails, our advice is to try the Japanese manicure. As you already know, Asians are famous for their beauty rituals, so don’t hesitate to trust the result. It works! So, without further ado, here are the steps to follow!
Japanese manicure – what is it?
First of all, we’ll note that it’s not a new trend that comes and goes in a few weeks. The Japanese manicure is an ancient technique whose goal is to get nutrients deep into your nail beds to make them super healthy. At the end of the procedure, you’ll find that they shine on their own without needing a drop of polish.
Just like the beauty technique of the Asians, the Japanese manicure is based on the principle of “layering” which is to multiply the layers of care. The best part of this treatment is that all the products used are made from natural materials! This means that there are no synthetic chemicals, no dyes, no waxes, or artificial flavors!
Do you need this treatment?
Are your nails damaged by constant cleaning or by the cold outside? Have you seen them in the past few months or are they constantly covered with gel nail polish? Well, just one of these situations is enough to make you try the nail detox.
Even if your hands look great with the latest trendy designs, you should know that polishes are full of chemicals that hurt you. They also prevent your nails from breathing and regenerating, so you need a break. Now! Every few months, you need to take a break and nourish them in the best way possible. And this is a perfect time. Why? We’re sure you’ll want to embrace the bright, cheerful colors of spring and summer. So before that, try the Japanese manicure to have long and healthy nails for the next few months.
Japanese manicure tutorial
So, after giving you the definition of a Japanese manicure, it’s time to show you how to do it at home with the help of a Japanese manicure kit. The organic Japanese manicure kit contains:
- 1 x paste (green) based on beeswax
- 1 x powder (pink) based on pearls
- 3 files
- 2 nail polishers
- 1 x plastic spatula
What to do?
1. File your nails as usual. If they are fragile, avoid filing them on the sides.
2. Next, polish and smooth the nail plate. This way, you remove dead skin. As a result, the scales open up and the nail gets the care it needs.
3. Using the spatula, apply the beeswax paste and rub it in with the green polisher. This is the main product of the Japanese-style manicure kit that offers anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral benefits.
4. Now take the glossing powder and apply it using the pink block. Its role is to fix the shine of the nails. Moreover, the powder allows the paste to penetrate effectively into the nail plate and thus nourish it.
For maximum effect, also apply cuticle oil and massage it in. Olive oil or sweet almond oil will do the trick. Moisturizing cream at the end of the homemade SPA procedure is the last step that will guarantee healthy and shiny skin!