Baking soda never ceases to demonstrate its miraculous beauty benefits. But natural and ecological skincare enthusiasts have another alternative that is no less effective in cleansing the epidermis and eliminating impurities while leaving the skin velvety smooth. Coffee grounds will become your new healthy glow ally! This fragrant ingredient is an essential addition to many homemade facial recipes that are concocted to clear blackheads, treat acne, balance skin’s pH levels and boost blood flow. In this article, we focus on the coffee grounds facial scrub – a 100% eco-friendly, economical, and incredibly effective treatment.
Coffee grounds face scrub: is it good for the skin?
Coffee is a source of nutrients and antioxidants that are beneficial to the skin, scalp, and hair. The sandy texture of coffee grounds makes it an excellent exfoliating product that fits easily into our beauty routines. The particles gently remove dead skin cells, rejuvenate the epidermis and stimulate circulation. (Hello young, glowing, silky skin!) In addition, this ingredient firms the skin while providing a brightening effect. Before presenting some simple recipes for coffee grounds facial scrubs, we invite you to discover the benefits of coffee care for the skin.
- Coffee grounds facial scrub helps remove dead skin cells and dirt that clog pores, increase dark spots, and exacerbate wrinkles. The skin becomes luminous, smooth, and irresistibly soft to the touch. Add to that the invigorating aroma of coffee that instantly awakens the senses.
- The coffee grounds exfoliating treatment improves the blood circulation of the face and body. Cells receive more oxygen and nutrients, which in turn means that the skin becomes more beautiful and radiant.
- The coffee grounds scrub tightens the skin. By removing the dirt and dead cells that accumulate on the surface of the epidermis, the black particles stimulate cell regeneration. As a result, the skin’s appearance is improved and, session after session, it is tightened. Cell regeneration also helps reduce dark spots and uneven skin tone.
- The exfoliating coffee treatment prevents skin aging. Exposure to UV rays causes photoaging, but you can prevent it by regularly exfoliating with coffee grounds. According to a study, it has a protective effect on the skin. It turns out that the ingredient prevents the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and protects the skin from the negative effects of excessive sun exposure.
A coffee grounds scrub for a luminous skin
- 2 tbsp. coffee grounds
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Put all ingredients in a small bowl and stir. Use the scrub to scrub your face and body when you shower.
Store the remaining product in a glass jar for up to a month.
Why is it effective?
Coffee grounds firm the skin and are an excellent exfoliating product. The olive oil has a nourishing and moisturizing effect. This homemade scrub contains antioxidants that make the skin glow while improving its health.
A recipe for coffee grounds facial scrub for a nourished and soft skin
- 2 tablespoons coffee grounds
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
Place all ingredients in a ramekin and stir. Use the mixture as a face and body scrub. Leave on for 1-15 minutes and rinse off in the shower.
Coffee grounds remove dead skin cells; lemon juice brightens; yogurt and coconut oil nourish and moisturize the skin. This scrub is incredibly refreshing and leaves skin soft and smooth.
An exfoliating mask for face and body with coffee grounds and honey
- 2 tbsp. coffee grounds
- 3 tbsp. yogurt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
Pour the ingredients into a small bowl and stir. Apply the mixture to your face. Massage gently for 10 minutes. Let it sit for a while, then wash it off with warm water.
Thanks to the honey and yogurt it contains, this exfoliating mask is extremely nourishing. It also soothes and calms the skin.
Face scrub with coffee grounds and brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. coffee grounds
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. almond oil
Place coffee grounds and brown sugar in a small ramekin and stir. Stir in the almond oil and stir again. Apply the mixture to your face and neck, massaging in circular motions. Then rub in for about ten minutes and rinse with warm water.
The almond oil and coffee grounds contribute to the renewal of the cellular regeneration process. Almond oil and coffee grounds help renew the cell regeneration process. The oil also helps to eliminate dark spots and make the skin glow. This scrub will refresh your skin perfectly after a busy day at work.
A coffee grounds and cinnamon scrub for the body and face
- ½ cup ground coffee
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Stir all ingredients in a glass bowl and then transfer the resulting paste to an airtight glass jar. Gently rub it all over your body and face. Leave on for a few minutes before rinsing.
This scrub gently exfoliates dead skin cells and gives the skin a healthy appearance after the first use. Coffee removes excess oil while cinnamon has antibacterial properties that prevent irritation and infection.